Glen Lyman Edwards
|“When at 5’5” my dream of an athletic career evaporated, I turned to art and worked hard to learn the skills to communicate visually.” Diligence is a trademark of Glen Edwards, as that turning point led him from a student of art at Utah State University to a professor of art at that university. He is currently retired from that position, “but never retired from painting.”
His ability to paint “real people” shows up in his award winning oil and watercolor paintings. Growing up in Southern Idaho taught him to appreciate the land, people, animals, machinery, and the strong work ethic of farm and ranch country.
He works very quickly with painterly brushwork and color. He claims that his best work has been painted very spontaneously, which allows him to maintain its freshness and spirit. He believes that good drawing is the basis for good painting. Form and light characterize his work, always painting with a strong light source.
Glen Edwards’ paintings and illustrations have been featured on covers and articles of numerous books, magazines, and publications in Los Angeles, New York City, Kansas, and the Intermountain West.
He is married to former student and artist Barbara Summers Edwards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Utah State University, Logan, UT, 1962
- Art Center College of Design, Los Angeles, CA, 1965-1966
- Master’s Degree in Art, Utah State University, Logan, UT 1976
- US Art Magazine, Bronze Medal, Award of Excellence, Arts for the Parks National Traveling Exhibit
- Oil Painters of America, National and Regional Exhibits
- Intermountain Society of Artists, Third Annual Open Competition and Exhibit, Best of Show
- Eccles Statewide Exhibit, Purchase Award
- Dixie College Invitational, First Place Watercolor Award
- Festival of the American West, Best of Show, and Purchase Award
Artists Living |
Artists Deceased |
Painting Categories |
About Us |
E-Mail Us |