|A self-taught artist, Robert Deurloo’s style blooms from within rather than forged by external teachings. Surrounded by rugged mountains, which are inhabited by the animals he sculpts, Idaho is an ideal place for inspiration as a wildlife artist.
Deurloo’s intent is not to present every detail. An exquisite form, combined with a little mystery, will not only capture the spirit of the animal, but will allow the viewer to bring their own experiences to play in the appreciation of his works of art.
Deurloo’s work is known for his distinctive patinas and is easily recognizable. His sculptures are cast from molten bronze, but due to an elaborate and exotic patina process, they appear to be chiseled from the granite of the Sawtooth Mountains. A combination of intense heat and various acids and minerals produce the polished stone patinas.
- National Zoological Society, Washington, D.C., Featured Sculptor
- Collector’s Society Show, Minneapolis, MN, Best Sculpture
- National Wildlife Art Show, Kansas City, KS, Best of Class
- North American Sculpture Exhibition, Knox Gallery Award
- Saratoga Art Show, Best Wildlife
Artists Living |
Artists Deceased |
Painting Categories |
About Us |
E-Mail Us |